Project required installing Emergency Standby Generators, Automatic Transfer Switches and to provide start-up services. Since the generators would not be large enough to power the whole facility, processes not needed were designed to be automatically dropped prior to emergency or load shed event, to ensure the generators remained in operation. Generator controls coordinated with the PLC’s to automatically sense and switch loads during emergency outage.
- Installed 450 kW Caterpillar Generator Set
- Installed 500 kW Caterpillar Generator Set
- Installed 1200 AMP, 480VAC, 3 phase Caterpillar Automatic Transfer Switch
- Installed 2000 AMP, 480VAC, 3 phase Caterpillar Automatic Transfer Switch
- Project Cost $309,518
- Technical Design Personnel: Phil Kruer (Designer, Engineer); Kelly Arney (Project Manager); Todd Young, Casey Bates (Project Supervisors)